View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
thoraldshib
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '00 Honda Civic LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
What are your plans for adapting all of the sensors to the MT ECU?

For what it's worth, I believe the 1999 HX transmission is shorter than the transmission that actually want to the D15Z7, which is in turn even shorter than the transmission that went to the CRX HF which had even less power. I expect you'll be fine.

Lean burn does not kick in during city driving, at least not generally. It happens between a certain RPM range and certain load range and you'll only really see it on the highway. The engine will drive like any other long geared D15 in the city. You may not, however, even get lean burn. It's a finicky system and if a single required sensor isn't outputting in the range it wants to see, lean burn will not engage.

You may want to reach out to Rywire or Wireworx about your harness issue, it's probably something they've dealt with before.
I purchased a 1998 Civic EX intake manifold (for the throttlebody and sensors) and its engine harness, harness wise I should just need to add 3 EGR wires, and a 2nd Vtec engagement wire , I had been hunting down a Civic HX intake manifold (5 Speed), but everyone I talk to has flaked on me, I'm now planning to drill the Automatic Intake manifold to accept the 5 Speed throttlebody and IACV. I had talked to Rywire and Wiring specialties a few months ago and they told me they do not, and would not make a adapter for me for this application
The Following User Says Thank You to thoraldshib For This Useful Post:
Ecky (07-07-2018)