View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #84 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Update on my neighbor. Apparently her first Leaf was in an accident, so she got another one. The second one won't hold a big enough charge to allow her to use it for anything beyond 30 miles! So it pretty much sits in her driveway. Maybe she's just unlucky but I suspect that she's been the victim of unscrupulous salesfolk.
Year, miles, date in service?

Under 30 miles is 8 bars or less, if her car is a 2013 or newer with under 60k on the clock she can get her battery replaced.

Next if she is out of warranty a couple of points.

1. Get a leaf spy!!! 30 miles to the “warnings “ is not her real range,
as the leafs battery degrades more and more of the pack is hidden under the low battery area, she may well find her car goes another 20-30 miles past the warning till it stops.
2. Contact Cor on mynissanleaf and state the story, he has cell swapped about 5 leafs basically pro bono plus cost of supplies, this is usually much cheaper than Nissans fee

She shouldn’t just take it sitting down there are options, heck if she’s just out of warranty or even if she isn’t she should call corporate and ***** a lot and they may do a 50/50 pack replacement.

Whenever I see blanket statements without background I’m skeptical , but you will get no argument from me that the way Nissan has handled the 10/150,000 battery warranty is disgraceful.