View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #213 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Thank you for that!

I've been super busy juggling things with my additional job as I transition my hours from my old job to my new one (60 hours this week after my final clock-out) so I haven't had much time.

Delivering pizzas effect on MPG is hugely noticeable. Tank was over 50 MPG before delivering. I've been averaging 50-60 MPG on my own personal drives with a few trips over 60 MPG. However when delivering pizzas I have to go the speed limit and can't drive as "eco-friendly," so my hypermiling is limited to DWL, coasting to stops, and timing lights. I also have to have an aerodynamically terrible sign atop my car that makes my drag worse than stock, even with my ecomods on (they didn't make me take off any ecomods for my car to be used for delivery). I've been averaging 38-46 MPG on deliveries, which isn't bad with all factors considered, and I know I can easily beat 55 MPG on other trips if wind and weather aren't against me, but it's still grating that my tank average won't go up since 90% of my miles are deliveries

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)