View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I cannot imagine that it is recursive.

I used Twitter briefly four years ago, although it seems longer. I worked for a brand-new bakery. In fact, I think I spent longer waiting to start than I actually spent working for them.

I was offered the job while applying to USAA. I wish that I had forgone this opportunity.

The owner's wife supposedly did all kinds of things to promote the bakery on Facebook, including posting four pictures.

Four?

That is not a large number!

I ran a Twitter page for the bakery. Whatever she posted I made fit into 140 characters, which I felt improved it vastly. When there were newspaper articles I posted them a day before she did. I followed every major company in town that I could find, hoping some of them would follow me. My sister did advertising for ten years and I kept asking her feedback.

Then they let me go and I stopped using Twitter.

It seemed that the rest of the Internet used clickbait to get you to load their page and their ads, but what I saw on Twitter was refreshingly concise and gave you the most important details, while linking the full article.

Twitter still sends me updates, nonsense about moments and what people that I do not know shared. It is weird when they tell me that some news outlet's tweet made the news.