View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #96 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The first phase of my home electrical upgrade is complete.
This is a major stepping stone to my electric vehicle charger, solar, welding machine, air compressor, plasma cutter and water well pump power upgrades. It cleaned up most of the electrical mess left by the last guy, mainly an inconceivable amount of wire crammed inside a 1.5 inch conduit going to the main panel.
I installed a 125 amp square d QO outdoor panel opposite of the main panel and a second 1.5 inch conduit.
I'm having trouble visualizing 'opposite of the main panel'. You didn't say it was a sub panel ... did you run a parallel set of cables from the incoming lugs on the main panel to a 'second main panel'?

Quote:
Electric vehicle chargers and welder, plasma cutter and air compressor circuits will soon be added to my garage.
The new panel is a perfect place to do my backup generator tie in.
Sounds like a nice shop you will have set up when you're done!

Do you have a design for the solar tie-in? SaskPower is picky about what they will do the solar credit for. Under 25 KW of total production (wind, solar), no local battery storage, and the alternate energy won't come online if there is no grid to sync to.

Quote:
Sorting out the mess and installing the panel would have cost at least $1,000 if I had some one do it.
I still have 3 more sub panels to run and now I have some where to wore the added circuits to.
3 more panels in the same shop, or are you branching out to other buildings?