View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 02:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
escartiz
EcoModding Lurker

Best parameters for warp9 500a controller 147v pack

Is been a few years since I built my Open Revolt controller and have mostly forgotten everything about the settings.

I had been running my car with a fork lift motor which I originally thought was dying. When trying to accelerate quickly nothing would happen and I could hear a whining noise like the motor/tranny was slipping. Accelerating slowly could get me up to hwy speed with no problem. I played with the parameters without much difference, so I just kept driving it like that.

One day I completely lost power and there was a smell coming from the motor brushes which I tried to find replacement without success. This led me to believe the motor was at fault at the acceleration issue.

I recently upgraded to a warp 9 convinced it was the motor going south. Once installed went out for a test run and again everything works fine except trying to accelerate fast. I still get the same noise and no movement if pressing full throttle.

I realized it has to be the controller. I found some info while searching the forums and it looks like I may need to adjust the Hardware over current limit pot?

I was hopping to get help here reminding me how much or which direction to or proper way to achieve this and also get help what would be the most appropriate starting parameters for my build.

I am running on a 147v lithium pack, 500A version controller, Warp 9 motor to clutch/tranny, 1g CRX which is suppose to be about 1800 lbs minus the engine.

Thanks in advance