View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
water misting

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
I have been pondering about this. I try to use the windows as much as possible. But I really enjoy the AC. (I am half Finnish living in Turkey). I only use a jacket a couple of times a year (besides a motorbike jacket). Nowadays urban areas are so dense that i have a tshirt on even when it snowing. Time spent outside is always less than ten minutes and my thermal inertia can handle that (i do have a little bit of (20lbs) excess).

AC on full blast is rarely enough. It can be humid over here and i get soggy really fast.

There must be ways to increase AC efficiency.

I shall install a water misting system to the AC condenser when i get the chance.

I would like to experiment with AC systems. Increase the amount of refigerant in a reservoir, so regenerative braking can be used to refill it. That way the cooling can be virtually free. Unfortunately auto work here costs an arm amd a leg. A transmission swap or engine swap is unheard of. Some one doing it diy does not exist! There mayyy be that one guy in the whole country who has done it DIY.
If you have ground level ozone,there is a risk that misting will create nitric acid which could chemically attack the condenser coil.