View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #230 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Ah, the search for the MINI seven hole rims was at least two years (I am patient). I had a craigs list alert on and did semi-regular eBay searches. Much of the time they were too expensive. I really lucked out with these.
That's a LONG time. I wouldn't have the patience for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
BTW, Virginia is a beautiful state. Which part of the state will you be in? I used to live down in the Tidewater.
Lynchburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Insight rims fit just fine on Civics.
Oooohhh. [insert love bug eyes emoji] lol I want! But like you sad, they're impossible to find without major $$.

--------------

Well I made it almost 400 miles on my way to Virginia before my brakes started overheating (maybe due to smooth wheel covers??) despite hardly using my brakes at all due to eco-driving. So I'm stuck here at a rest stop for now. However, I averaged 49.1 MPG on the trip, 90% highway miles. No pizza deliveries on this tank, and although 49.1 is lower than my city driving MPG, it constitutes a tank record for me!

However, smooth wheel covers are going to be gone for good. When I get my HX rims mounted on the narrower tires I'll build my 4th attempt at wheel skirts using coroplast for better durability. I'll also attempt something up front (not full front wheel skirts; I'm not that ambitious). Will also be rebuilding my tail extension and redoing my lower grille block, using coroplast as well. Have another highway trip in a couple of weeks to New York; should hopefully to break over 50 MPG on that trip.

I now have an official highway MPG number for my car to complete my new summer "EPA" rating:

54/49/52

compared to the official EPA of:

26/35/29

Not bad, if I do say so myself. Now if I can get my pizza delivery MPG to come close to those numbers. Not easy since I have to drive the speed limit.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)
The Following User Says Thank You to mpg_numbers_guy For This Useful Post:
Ecky (07-22-2018)