Thread: My Yamaha SR250
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tbird1983
EcoModding Lurker

Aveo - '12 Chev Aveo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
IIRC the bakkie still uses that A-series engine originally designed by Austin, which clearly has some limitations of an older project. Would you ever consider an engine swap?

BTW what about the Diesel scene there in SA? I see lots of people there adapt Ford Essex V6 and a variety of V8 engines into nearly everything back there, but I don't find too many references of Diesel swaps (except for a Landcruiser 79 with a Cummins ISF2.8 replacing the 1HZ).
I did consider an engine swop, possibly the Nissan SR20 engine as its easily available and has been done many times before.

The Ford Essex engine swops are from back in the 80s-90s. These days the majority is 1jz, 2jz and Lexus V8 swops into anything and everything LOL but more for performance than economy.

Older diesels are not popular here for some reason. Id love to find a diesel power plant that would fit but ive been advised against it on the Nissan 1400 as there are not many options available. Newer model cars with tdi engines are pretty popular but to get one of them to fit would require more work than its work unfortunately.