View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I also thought it was quite pointless when GM didn't release that Trax prototype as a production model, even though the Spark/Beat would still have some demand too. BTW nowadays in Brazil JAC doesn't sell any sedan or conventional hatchback, and IIRC not even that FWD minivan, but I've seen a lot of that T40 SUV.
They just launched their consumer line-up here (after years of selling nothing but vans, trucks and that awful CitiPony). Almost all crossovers and vans.

T40 is the S2 here. The one in the picture is the S1.

Reviewed the S2 a while back, even got some video out of it. Amazingly loaded vehicle for the price, and the build quality is thoroughly modern.

This S1, not so. Amazing that they managed to fit leatherette trim, TPMS and other amenities into something so cheap... but it's still cheap. You can tell where they cut costs. Then again, it costs as much as a stripper Mirage... so you can forgive a few gaffes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Well, the rumour mill is saying that the next gen Mirage will share a platform with the next gen Nissan Juke (Nissan bought a controlling stake in the company). So it may become CUV-lite as well.

https://www.leftlanenews.com/2020-mi...ke-100969.html
I take that as a sign, hopefully, that the next-generation Juke won't be so damn heavy.