View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 12:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
I've been looking for alumalite sheeting, haven't been able to find it free...
Free would be a very good price. Roofing would need deep corrugations to be stiff enough unless you can shingle together scraps to stiffen them and get the area desired.

I've not seen a bed liner that wasn't semiflexible.

I'm looking at that 'fast moving, low pressure air' arrow and wondering if the openings in the airdam are big enough. If you cut out that center bar, you'd have a central jet between some massive wheel spats. With opportunity to add side plates to tie the airdam to the bumper and form an air curtain over the front wheel.

*Which would consist of two pieces — a triangular restrictor plate in front of the tire and a structural flat plate. The restrictor would be spaced an inch, give or take, from the inside of the flat plate. Whether it needs to be under-lapped or over-lapped (slot faces back or out) needs some thought.

With skirts you only need two wheel covers. If it's a 'Turnpike cruiser' style skirt that runs all the way back to the taillight you can control the contour there.

Last edited by freebeard; 07-28-2018 at 12:21 AM..