View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
cfg83's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,864

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Thanks: 439
Thanked 530 Times in 356 Posts
SuperTrooper -

Thanks for the URL. Maybe it's a Zombie-thread and just won't die.

Yuze takez your chancez. Some people ride motorcycles and trade convenience (parking) and MPG for safety. I *know* my car is 1989 or 1996 at best in terms of safety design. MPG Rock Stars like CRX's, Metros, and Honda VX's are the same.

I forget where I read it, but I think the statistic is that the driver is in control af about 90% of his/her own safety on the road (i.e. defensive driving). The other 10% is where the other drivers and physics takes over. Volvo's by engineering and reputation have specialized in covering that other 10% pretty well.


What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society