View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
gumby79
Master EcoModder

little jona - '91 Dodge D 250 first gen cummins LE
Team Streamliner
90 day: 23.4 mpg (US)

Little Jona airo modded - '91 Dodge RAM 3/4 TON D 250 2×4 AUTO
Pickups
Team Cummins
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

The Salted Hound Jenny. - '87 Dodge Ram 50/D-50 5sp 4X4
90 day: 20.24 mpg (US)

Jona Allison aero - '91 Dodge Ram D-250 Le
90 day: 20.76 mpg (US)
Las time in the ditch '99

Trading paint 02 (ranger reclip the front drove it home on field fixes and creek water) 35 in a 10mph unmarked corner hit some gravel that made me cross the yelow line. thank you sir for driving your same year make and model down the hill and meeting me in the corner. yeah cost me an insurance claim but it kept me from going off a 200-foot cliff( that part of the Sierra National Forest has people that have been waiting decades for them and their cars to be found had a tow driver tell me about finding three cars before you found the one guy he was after seatbelts don't always save lives but it makes it easier to find the parts)

Rearended 1x 06 I was even driving defensively in front I knew I had a left turn into a sharp driveway coming up I tried to get him to back off but he just kept hugging me from the back side ( AA traction rating out stops a B)

Near miss my fault . Usualy like red said testing.
Find the limit and the correction for going past it in practice instead of when it counts and there's other cars and lives on the line. I've never owned a car that I couldn't pull out of a slide, side effects of testing.

Growing up in the San Joaquin Valley fog, two colors statistically improve your chances of a crash due to being invisible white and gray daytime running lights reduced this. I would turn down my dream car if it was painted Gray.

Near miss other people, stoped keeping track
On 1 such event my ex wife once was harassing me because I was stopping on a ice covered roadway me just stopping in the middle of the street for no apparent reason and then she saw the car slide by in front of us all four locked upabs going nuts doing about 25 miles an hour the Jeep Cherokee built momentum as it slid down the hill and I knew it wasn't going to stop; (I could stop safely or get t-boned in her door. ) . As they went by I gently nodded my head and waved saying I understand as the other driver went by saying thank you I don't know what I would have done if you had not stop. and she asked me how I knew that that was getting ready to happen and prevent it. You pay attention to anything that's moving when you drive the rear gun truck. the side effects of PTSD are not always undesired
it's nice when you make a blender and the guy that caught you doesn't make a big stink of it , and just acknowledges incidents occur and accidents are made to happen.
Metro is it only a major if the hook is called? If so then only 1 crash and 3 stucks life time
Best mpg : 31.32mpg 100mi 3.193 USG 5/2/20

Former
'83 GMC S-15 Jimmy 2door 2wd O/D auto 3.73R&P
'79 Chevy K20 4X4 350ci 400hp msd custom th400 /np205. 7.5-new 14mpg modded befor modding was a thing
87' Hyundai Excel
83 ranger w/87 2.9 L FI2wd auto 18mpg on the floor
04 Mitsubishi Gallant 2.4L auto 26mpg
06 Subaru Forrester XT(WRX PACKAGE) MT AWD Turbocharged 18 plying dirty best of 26mpg@70mph
95Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 14-18mpg
04 Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 16-22mpg