View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Someone crashed into a fence post once and was trying to start his vehicle again, and I opened his door and took the keys from him, saying he isn't going anywhere.
My dad did that once when a besotted neighbor managed to land his car in their front yard, which is no small feat.

Quote:
The guy told me he fell asleep at the wheel. It was around noon, and the neighborhood he was coming from is 1 min or less from our house.
My son's father-in-law had his ancient, minty Nissan pickup totaled by a neighbor at 11am. They live in a very tightly populated development, all twisty little streets and cul-de-sacs, one of which they live on. And yet she managed to hit his poor truck hard enough to bend it almost in half. She was also stinking drunk.

I'd talk about all of the accidents I've been in but there is really only one that matters. I pulled onto a road in front of an oncoming car, which flipped onto its roof. I stopped, I looked, but I just didn't see the vehicle. To this day I thank my stars that there were no injuries beyond scrapes and a bruise.

Two days ago I avoided being rear ended by pulling off the road as the folks ahead were slamming on their brakes. It made enough space to ease the pressure behind me and give folks a little more reaction time.