View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 02:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Through multiple forays into the history of the bicycle (which was invented in Germany in 1800s), and the Chola-era Woraiyur temple, he theorised that the vehicle was possibly a novelty in Tiruchi of the 1920s, when the temple had been renovated. “Perhaps the sculptor had seen someone on a cycle, was impressed by it and had recorded it forever on stone,” says Dr. Kalaikovan. “After this I got so interested in temple history, that I could no longer leave it.
He said about a relief in a pilaster, that is monolithic to a wall? Then he advocates for more new female students.

Quote:
“There are a lot of people, but few with dedication in historical research. Of the 60 students I have coached, 50 are women, but they have disappeared after graduation, due to domestic constraints. I request more women to come forward to work in archaeology, history and temple study, because they have a sense of devotion and attention to detail that is missing in men.”
I've watched a few of those videos. There are some extremely interesting things that exist in India. Structures of molded and polished basalt. Sure you can melt basalt and pour it, but there are sculptures that have details like free-standing necklaces and hollow skulls an inch across. Polished surfaces facing each other with no room for even a dental drill to fit inside.

But the bicycle looks bogus. 12-spoke wheels, must be moto-cross. There's a pedal but no chain drive. The frame has no down-tube for the front fork. It looks more medieval European than ancient Indian.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-05-2018)