View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #105 (permalink)
Stacygifford
Eco Storm Chaser

Nemo - '87 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)

K-sight - '02 Honda Insight
90 day: 39.24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
My point is, my big electrical project is replacing a battery in a rice cooker, and you guys are swapping engines, tuning, and rewiring everything. Very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I've come to find that while a big project like this feels horribly intimidating in my mind, I just need to get out my angle grinder or wire cutters and start cutting, and the rest follows. The fear of doing is far worse than the doing.
Oh, no doubt. I've worked on a ton of projects (electrical and mechanical) but nothing of this magnitude. I started my swap because I knew I couldn't afford the $6k to actually fix the cars hybrid problems. However, there was no way I was giveing up one of my dream cars just because it had a failure. No matter how long it took to "fix"

After pulling the engine I had a little while of "oh ,S#!* this is going to be a disaster"

However, just take it as 1000 small projects. One wire, one bolt, one part, one harness one bracket at a time. Given slow steady consistant work, youd be amazed what you are capable of.

Mine took 8 months in a 10'x15' storage unit without power.

But I have a solar panel, battery, back up car and power inverter !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stacygifford For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-09-2018), redpoint5 (08-07-2018)