View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
an0nymous
EcoModding Lurker

As always thanks for the advice guys. Johnny, I'ld like to hear more about your conduit solution. That sounds do-able... I can pull out the dremel and take a whack at it in the morning, I am pretty shot for today. I've got some absurdly powerful rare earth magnets that might work as keeper-catchers.
Thanks for the suggestion on the shadetree method Schultz, but I could lose my keys in an otherwise empty room,so I'm under no illusions as to what would happen to those keepers the minute they flew into the rag.
The rubber on the back of that dust cover is pretty obnoxious, I think I am going to follow your lead and scrape it clean with a putty knife.

Actually, the more I look at that picture, the more straightforward the extender seems. Any special tricks to its construction?

Sadly, my xfi cam will not be here until tuesday.

Ah and one more question: Since there is a reasonable chance I will be able to get them out tomorrow; I had bought replacement exhaust valves. Is there any merit to removing and lapping the stock intake valves or would I be better off just letting them be?

Last edited by an0nymous; 08-30-2008 at 09:09 PM..