View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
SupATro.0pA
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacygifford View Post
I love the trooper, and you have the right ideas.

Im not trying to be a downer or anything but that is definitely not the best starting vehicle, and is probably one of the most complicating use-cases for ecomodding. the ONLY thing that they really have in common is the benefits of engine tuning for low rpm efficiency (ie torque)

The belly pan acting as a skid plate can go a long ways, and could be very useful in both use cases. however, if it has a solid axle rear suspension (or front for that matter) , they would really be less than usefully for aerodynamic improvements .

I suspect a removable MASSIVE air dam and kam back would be the best starting points. if you built a off road bumper, you could even incorporate a few mounting points to make it super quick and easy.

I say go for it, and keep us posted!
Yeah, this is definitely not what you would call a traditional Ecomodder build. I purchased the vehicle with passenger capacity, storage capacity, off road capability, and price in mind. The fuel mileage thing is a secondary goal.

Since I've got those lovely bell housings sitting as my lowest points, would a belly pan that sits flat below that overcome those axles? I'd still have a ton of space between the road and the belly pan.