View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
cool/warm/CFCs/Paris.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I hope they are right about global warming.
The cooling periods are what killed off large numbers of people.

The world ban on R-11 didn't have a cause to exempt china. R-11 is one of the big Ozone destroying CFCs.

The Paris climate thing was a scam.
The United States has environmental laws and enforces them and we are reducing CO2 production.
While germany, China and Japan appear to be increasing CO2 production. If Japan isn't hasn't increased CO2 it looks like they are set to, by being afraid to restart their nuclear reactors. Their bright idea is to burn Chinese coal for power production.
*looks like climate change is capable of regional anomalies which could mean cooling and warming,depending.
*If China was not a signatory of the Montreal Protocol,it may not have any binding legal responsibility to forego the use of CFCs.Don't know.
*Some climatologists believe that the Paris Climate Accord would amount to very little,climate-wise,other than a goodwill gesture to the rest of the world.That would make it sort of an intellectually dishonest public relations move.I would have felt better about the US had we signed it.PR or no.
*US CO2 emissions are on a downward trajectory and that's good.
*I'll have to look the other way as to what other nations are doing.Perhaps they can look into the Thorium-based nuclear technology.I'd like to see it here.
*Coal sucks big-time! Boo-hiss!