Thread: Vents
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Taylor95
Master EcoModder

Jeep - '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)

Blueberry - '07 Toyota Camry SE
That was helpful, thank you. I found someone talking about rift testing on the jeep. Apparently the best location is further towards the front. I may settle for around the middle, but I'm not sure yet.

I don't want to vent air from the engine bay into the wheel wells. I want to vent the rear part of it under the jeep. If I added one at the top, I think air would escape out the hood vents I'm going to put in, so I may do it. I think a lot of gains are available to me in the front wheel wells, since my jeep is lifted and I have the air dam and bumper caps removed. Along with the vent I would like to add a sheet metal covering to direct air towards the vent. Right now it kind of goes to the back of the fender and runs into my front doors.

Any thoughts on these ideas? I'm hoping these mods will earn me a few mpg. I'd like to get to 25 mpg combined if possible. Right now my best tank is 20.8 mpg. I'm doing a tune up later today with quality parts so I'm hoping to get to at least 22 mpg with that. If I can squeeze 3 more with aero mods I'll be pretty happy