View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #268 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I went to the library today to "check out a book". There was someone hogging the EV spot, and I was about to go in and have them removed, but they were leaving, so I plugged in. I went in the library, and then wandered around, and kept checking out the window to see of anyone was outside looking at it. Then when I was leaving, there was a retired MASTER machinist that had lots of questions. It was really interesting talking to him. I should have got his number! Dang it! I forgot. I bet he could have given me some tips about lathing and milling. Oh well.

I was going to bring the camera, but my wife went to Oregon to drop off my brother in law at school, and brought it with her.

There was still the occasional high pitch sound coming from the back, but it was only a few times for a few seconds each time. Maybe it could be the lovejoy half inside the transmission bell housing. It was taped so it would stay close to the other lovejoy half, but maybe it's sliding backward. It can only move like 1.5 mm until it butts against the transmission. Maybe that's what's happening? OH, who am I kidding. It's maybe because I'm not within 0.001 inches of center! Dang blast it. Maybe not though? I have no idea. I think I've heard similar sounds from regular cars too.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 08-31-2008 at 12:02 AM..