View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
jkv357
Master EcoModder

They are a pretty decent all-around street bike aren't they?

I bought a new N model (no fairings) in 2006, and it's been my daily rider ever since. Added some Michelin RSs, an Ohlins shock, Sonic Springs fork springs, a different seat, a slip-on muffler, taller black bars, RJL pads, a seat cowl, and a few other things I forgot...

Just purchased a set of intake stacks from a SFV to replace the super short stock ones. The SFV stacks are longer and increase the midrange, where there is a slight dip in the 6000 to 8000 range - where I run mostly. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.

My oldest boy has a VFR800 and we have done a few highway trips. Last one was about 6 hrs total at an average of about 80. The SV got right about 50 MPG. No fairings to speak of, and I don't tuck, so that's not bad for that speed. The longer stacks might even boost MPG, as it was right about 7000 most of the time. I have a +1 countershaft on it.

Heading to Arkansas for the Arkansas Mile LSR race next month, which will be about 1200 mi roundtrip. I'm hoping to get 50 or maybe better - but I don't think I'll come close to what you got!
The Following User Says Thank You to jkv357 For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (08-15-2018)