View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Charlie View Post
Trik, (you don't mind me calling you Trik, do you?) I think I have the same console as you. It's too tall, isn't it?
I'm currently all out of coroplast, so no wheelskirts planned for the immediate future. Besides, I'm not exactly sure how to fair them in to the rear bumper. It's not real obvious in this picture, but the tire sticks out enough that it would be a pretty sharp bend on the aft side of the wheel well.
Na, most all my friends in the show car world call me Trik, anyhow, yes the armrest is to tall and is begining to cause shoulder problems for me. As far as those front fogs, they are more complicated to make that you may think. That part of the bumper has a compound curve that many materials do not like to make. Thats why in the end I went with covering the entire section of the bumper with a scrap bumper I found on the hwy, it actually was easier. And as far as those wheels skirts go, after I lower the vibe I may get more clearance from the rear wheels letting me make a more traditional wheel skirt instead of one that looks like a partial bumper.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???