View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Will
VIVA LA MPG RESISTANCE

Meat-roll - '97 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 55.4 mpg (US)

Wife's Brruik - '03 Buick Century
90 day: 30.84 mpg (US)

Blue Balt - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
This is not a joke when I say that I hope you have plenty of life insurance.
I do not mean to get out of line, but:

#1. You cannot say that my driving a Metro is an automatic death sentence. That's just plain stupid.

#2. I got the same mileage with my 1993 Buick you do with that bug, and your bug is not much bigger than my Metro. Congratulations.

#3. I spent the prime years of my life defending this nation as a member of the US Army. That has left me with a deep sense of duty to this country. Look at the amount of oil we buy from countries that do not like us, and tell me it is not the duty of every American to do everything they can to effect the situation. When you read this think about 911...

#4. RH77 was right. If the wreck is bad enough it does not matter. The highway patrol told me that if she had been driving a vehicle the size of their Yukon both of them world have died too. The ONLY reason two out of three people survived that head on crash with both vehicle doing about 60 was the fact that she was driving a Cavalier.

Again, sorry if I went over the top, but your statement tweaked me the wrong way I guess.

Last edited by Will; 08-31-2008 at 01:44 PM..