View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
So, the complaints from the village are:
-unregistered car(s)
-car(s) parked on gravel
-weeds

I scanned through the Weston ordinance on property maintenance, Chapter 50. It specifically prohibits "noxious weeds" 12 times, and general "weeds" 6. Curiously, the remedy specified in the ordinance for weed overgrowth is mowing by the village weed commissioner, so I would recommend telling them, if they think a few weeds constitute an "accumulation" (their word), they're welcome to send the weed commissioner by to mow. I'm sure he has nothing better to do.

As far as the cars, documentation of the registration should satisfy them that the red car is licensed. There's nothing in their ordinances about parking on grass vs. gravel vs. blacktop, but there is a provision which requires unregistered or inoperable cars be stored in a building:

Sec. 50.105. Accumulation of used motor vehicles.

No person, except a person licensed under Sec. 18.131(a) or a licensee of a motor vehicle dealer's license issued under statute, shall accumulate or store or allow to remain outside of any building on real estate located within the Village for a period of more than ten days...any used motor vehicle, as defined by statute, or any detached part thereof, for which no current registration fee has been paid under statute or which, if paid, does not have properly attached thereto under statute a current license plate, if required, and which is in a condition which would mechanically prevent the immediate operation thereof upon any public highway or its operation thereon would be in violation of the law.

So, if all these cars are registered and operable, they can't prevent your mother from parking them outside on her property. Tell them to pound sand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
niky (09-06-2018), Xist (08-26-2018)