View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 07:45 AM   #144 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Deejaaa,
I used three coats of Gloss White Rustoleum Professional spray paint, over a coat of the similar Red Primer. In addition to wanting the roof white I was also trying to keep the corrosion from forming more until I have a chance to repaint the entire vehicle properly. At that point I will probably paint everything from the windows up white, similar to how some of the older trucks were.

Everyone,
My last tank rendered 23.5MPG, so it is moving in the right direction. The front end of the truck has been sitting rather high, I never cranked up the torsion bars but all the weight loss I did on the front end inevitably caused the front end to rise up. Last night I decranked the torsion bars back down until the CVs were flat. I could tell an immediate improvement in ride quality.
The jury is still out on a MPG improvement from the front lowering, I noted my hill coasting velocities seemed to dip a bit this morning. May be a fluke, but if it is true I will have to adjust elsewhere or crank them partially back up. I am guessing that because the Suburban is now at more of an angle it effectively lowers the front air dam in addition to canceling some of the micro-boat tailing GM did at the end of the roof.