View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
How are progressions with Turbo mirages going?
I always liked the car, and the price; I'm a sucker for cheap!
But the performance is just too low.
When it got introduced, I wouldn't even buy it for the city!

If ever, there would be a turbo version sold, or turbo upgrade kits available, and some tuning on final gear drive (lowering highway RPM by at least 25%, to 33%), I would consider one!

With a turbo at 14PSI and 115HP, it should be able to reach a modest 110-115MPH tops, but it should cut it's 0-60 somewhat from 12.8 to about 9 seconds; and about 6 seconds if the boost is bumped to 21PSI (~140HP).

As far as Fiesta, I have the Fiesta ST, and it has torque vectoring.
On a slalom, or just anywhere, it's virtually impossible to make it spin. The Fiesta WILL drive where the hood points, regardless of how fast you're making a turn.
Even in sports mode; though it is possible to spin it around in Track mode.
Stock, the MT does 0-100 km/h in about 11.7 (claimed). I've done it in 11.8 on the 14" wheels with a mild 4k rpm launch. That equates to about 11 flat to 60 mph (96 km/h).

I don't doubt it could be faster with better tires and a willfully savage launch. (The 1.5 Yaris, for example, needs for the clutch to be sidestepped around 5k rpm).

If we're talking the CVT, don't bother. I doubt the clutch packs are built to withstand the torque of a turbocharged motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
There are several turbo Mirages around. But, as far as I know, nobody in the US has done it. The car has a MAF and MAP sensor in the US vs just MAP in other parts of the world. Tuning also isn't super straight forward.
Luuuucky US.

Last edited by niky; 08-29-2018 at 09:41 AM..