View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Mahindra Roxor. How come I haven't heard of this before today?

Well this ad popped up on my Facebook and I thought it was a gimmick at first. Mahrinda has been assembling these basically old Willys Jeeps in the US for US sale as a side by side UTV for most of the year. I need to go down and check them out as there are 3 for sale at our local dealer. Anyway, what peaked my attention was the 2.5 turbo diesel and 5 speed manual. Even in this Jeep 4x4 form, Mahindra is saying 32-34 MPG (that's obviously not an EPA test cycle). So for $15,000 what a great base for an ecomod kit car or swap into something like a dead Prius body. I would be you could recover $5000 or more selling off the body, front axle, transfer case, roll cage, etc. or these should start showing up rolled and wrecked for even less than $10,000.

I actually like it for what it is, a heavy duty, efficient side by side with beautiful looks. For my state it would be easy to get it licensed and registered for on-road use everywhere but the interstates, and even the interstates would be possible "rebuilding" an old junkyard jeep using this with basically a VIN swap.