View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #2720 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
people who don't give a s----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Yeah Redpoint, I imagined everything connect to manage energy, how much charge people would got to the cars in a given day when production it's not right or when too much people decide to use the car. Even weather prediction would be used a warnings to next days.

But who would forbide, and how, the people who don't give a s... about rules. I always imagine thingS using my country as reference, since here most people don't respect rules. Systems must be fools proof and cretins proof.
In the USA utililties are already using market-based solutions, as in inverse-rate-based pricing structures,which hit abusers in the purse/wallet.
Everyone has access to so many energy units at a given price.If an individual exceeds that envelope,they're hit with a higher rate,as negative reinforcement for the 'bad' behavior.You can screw your neighbors out of energy and use the air and water for a sewer,but you'll pay for it.
A geometric inverted rate would make it so 'painful',price wise,that people simply could not afford to do it.
Authentic sociopaths would just be fed into the Soyant Green machine.