View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #277 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
turn that frown upside down!

Well, the steel cable broke right near the ebrake handle! How ghetto is that? That cable is thick too. I think it was really frayed.

I have DISCOVERED THE SOURCE OF THE SQUEAK!!! It's NOT a centering issue! I'm so happy, I could go to the bathroom in my pants right now!

It was the tape! The half of the lovejoy inside of the bell housing of the transmission had separated about 1.5 mm from where the tape should have kept it, and it started to rub against the metal inside the bell housing (a round bronze colored thing. So, I need a good way to keep it put! Common sense would dictate that I drill and tap (thread the hole) it, and then screw in a weird thing that pushes against the post of the transmission. But that seems so brutish. I just need a gentle pressure keeping the 2 lovejoy halves together.

Idea: I'm going to wrap the lovejoy pair from top to bottom around it rather than around the circular direction. Then, I'll wrap it around the circular direction. Then that's it! There's a little room on the top and bottom so the tape will gently hug the 2 pieces together. The tape is the "marriage counselor" if you will. The 2 lovejoy pieces are "husband and wife", which were having marital problems. The round bronze colored thing attached to the transmission is the "mailman" trying to skank with the woman. I'm definitely not going to tap that lovejoy! hahaha!

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 09-01-2008 at 03:24 AM..