View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lemmy
Ecomodding Englishman

The Turdis - '05 Smart Fortwo Cabrio Passion
Mines is 14 years old, returns well into the 60s mpg as standard, costs nothing to tax annually, parks in the tiniest of spaces, and is utterly reliable. Theyre also a hoot to drive - every journey is an event mixed with equal measures of hilarity and terror!

I maintain mine myself fastidiouslty anr dont thrash the arse off it. Because of their small motors many peolle thrash the bejesus out of them, and they dont live long if treated like that. Thet also dont like typical car owners who never lift a bonnet and miss the odd service.

Maintain them by the book and threat them sympathetically and theyre perfecrly reliable. Theyre easy to work on, parts are cheap from a thriving aftermarket, and theres a huge support network of owners who have come up with tricks and workarounds for most things, making them a very viable DIY proposition for anyone with a braincell and some tools. This idea that they have to go back to the dealers for this that or the other is tosh, and is almost never required. Peole who F around with them when they dont know what theyre doing deseeve a $3000 dollar bill for their stupidity.

2004 Smart Fortwo 0.7 petrol.
Motorbike.
Many, many bicycles.
2019 Volvo XC90 T8 - 400BHP plug in hybrid insanity.

All journeys I do under 10 miles are human powered - I make journeys, not excuses..
2019 mileage - 1900 by car, 7100 by bicycle.