View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Quiet Prepper
EcoModding Lurker

Closet Ecomodder outed

I have been using Ecomodder techniques since I started driving. I was fuel conscious and coasted whenever I could when I drove my Datsun B 110 back in 77. Driving frugally did not have a name back then. I was broke on my ass and needed to conserve.

Just this last Thursday I installed a Scan Gauge E in my 07 Saturn Vue AWD (3.5 liter Honda V6 with 5 speed auto). I am on my first tank and am calibrating the unit. The information the tool provides is outstanding. Prior to the gauge I was averaging 23 mpg. This vehicle was purchased in the last month. I checked the air pressure and had 2 tires at 20 psi. After all tires were inflated to 40 psi I checked the mpg. It jumped from 23.3 to 29.4. I employed proper fuel saving driving practices at the start of that tank. That is a 30% increase in mpg. SWEET. I may pull the roof rack off. I am not sure if I will employ P&G. The Scan Gauge has greatly modified my driving. The Vue seems to be most efficient at 58 mph at 1500 RPM, going down hill, with a tail wind, in neutral, and drafting as semi. We are in the middle of a road trip and are averaging 31.5 mpg. That is 20% above industry ratings for this compact SUV with AWD.

You are a great source of information. I thoroughly enjoy the Ecomodding community. I am also a Prepper and a Last Dropper. The philosophy of using resources efficiently is central to survival.

Quiet Prepper

Last edited by Quiet Prepper; 09-08-2018 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Grammar
The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet Prepper For This Useful Post:
Lemmy (09-09-2018)