View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
ishiyakazuo
Test Tool Engr.

Red Rocket - '02 Honda Civic LX Sedan
90 day: 33.57 mpg (US)

Bronze Bucket - '98 Toyota Corolla VE
90 day: 34.97 mpg (US)

Silver Bullet - '06 Hyundai Sonata GL
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
I have the Arduino Decimilia board with the AtMega168 chip. From the IDE,I compiled and uploaded MPGuino version 700 with no problems.
I have a Hantronix HDM16216 Display. Powering up or resetting brings up the backlight in a steady state. Am using digital pin 9 for backlight control. There is a steady stream of pulses there. They don't change when pressing the middle button. Nothing appears on the screen. Pressing on the right and left buttons a few time appears to lockup the program according to the led's on the bd.
I enabled debug mode in the sketch. Sketch size was then too large. Then disabled all debug stuff but the serial online message. Sketch size was just under allowed. The online message appeared at the serial port either With the IDE serial monitor or Hyper Terminal.
I built the parallel ISP cable just in case the bootloader was corrupted. Reprogrammed the bootloader in the chip with no apparent problem and then uploaded the sketch again. Problems still the same. Wanted to program chip without the bootloader using the parallel ISP cable. Couldn't seem to get the preferences right to use the parallel ISP cable. I've got a couple more 168 chips coming if that's the problem. Otherwise I'm at a loss as to whats wrong.
Have you checked that the pins going to the LCD aren't being flipped? The diagram in the main thread shows pin #1 on the right-hand side (the LCD in the drawing has the connections on the top of the LCD), but the Hantronix may have them on the bottom, depending on which one you have. (Go by the labels, not by the picture directly)

Just to clarify:
pin 4 of Diecimila = pin 4 of LCD
pin 5 of Diecimila = pin 6 of LCD
pin 6 of Diecimila = pin 3 of LCD
pin 7 of Diecimila = pin 11 of LCD
pin 8 of Diecimila = pin 12 of LCD
pin 12 of Diecimila = pin 13 of LCD
pin 13 of Diecimila = pin 14 of LCD
GND pin of Diecimila = pins 1,5,16 of LCD

If those are all right, then we'll need to figure something else out...