View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
5 O'Clock Charlie
EcoModding Lurker

The Dog Rocket - '92 Geo Metro
90 day: 54.48 mpg (US)
Hmmmmm .... planned Mods ????

Well, starting simple, I was going to do a mirror delete .... In a different thread ( maybe another forum ) I seen a mod where the fellow had removed both side mirrors and had mounted convex mirrors inside the vehicle on the door. Anyone try this ??

There was also an add in the local craigslist for an Xfi cam ... I'll probably give him a call on my days off, he wants $125 .... is this about average ?

Probably an engine kill switch, on portions of my route to and from work there are opportunities for engine off coasting .... I've been practicing just putting it into neutral and coasting with the engine idling.

My other thought was possibly a propane conversion. the fuel prices in my area as of this morning ( in Canadian ) was $ 1.32 per liter for gasoline, and 78.9 cents for propane. If I were to convert to propane and had the same mileage ( probably be worse but not too much ) I figured I could save an additional $ 775 on my fuel bill per year. And propane being a cleaner burning fuel might extent my engine life. Has anyone here any experience with propane ?

My first order of business is to get it in a state of repair I'm happy with