View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
freethink
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I ask this first question not to be obnoxious but because I don't know you and the car is very old but new to you and your previous car was not a VX: are you sure you have the complete VX engine, with the VX cams (not EX) and the VX transmission? Dudes swap these parts on VXs sometimes. Intake manifold?

What driving conditions are you in? The VX shines in freeway crusing, but its super tall grearing is not necessarily better than your fifth gen DX in the city.

How did you check the timing? And did you jump the ECU first?

Have felt Lean Burn kick in? I have never felt it, but guys who own the lean burn civics sometimes say they can feel it.

Is a check engine light on for any reason? (It would block lean burn.)
Yes, it definitely has the Z1 engine, and taller gearing. I can feel the lean burn kicking in and out, and I def notice the taller gearing as well.

Most of the driving I do, is on hilly back roads maybe averaging 50mph. Not a whole lot of stop and go.

I checked the (ignition) timing with a timing light, and the timing was dead on, so no need to jump the connector. I'm pretty sure I checked the (valve timing) belt too, but I'll check it again, just to be sure.

There is a very noticeable step down in power when the lean burn kicks in. When I'm on the highway cruising at 60-75mph, it's probably in lean burn for about 80% the time.

No engine light.