View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
bomber991
EcoModding Lurker

Hey, I'm here for the aeromods

Hey, I've been over at cleanmpg for a while, but want to learn about aeromods. I probably wont be doing any of them to my car though but I'd still like to learn about them.

I drive an 03 subaru wrx, yeah I know not the most efficient car but whatever. I still get some segments at 40mpg, and since I've been hypermiling it I seem to be able to get 30mpg rather easy now.

Anyways, the aeromods. It would be pretty fun to do some wheel skirts and some kind of boat-tail thing, but my car still looks all nice and shiny like when it was new. I'm just curious how high I could get my mpg's up if I did go all out doing about all the aeromods. That would be pretty crazy to be getting something like 50+mpg in this car, but it seems doable as long as I can glide long enough.

I think right now I'm gonna be limited to just doing some kind of grill block, except here where I live it gets so hot during the summers that I'm not too sure how much of it I could block.

I was thinking also I could probably smooth out the bottom half of the front bumper, where the license plate is at. Maybe use some kind of clear plastic to plug up the giant hole there and the holes in front of the fog lamps.

This isn't a picture of my car, but mines basically the same as this one.