Thread: Atc
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I spent the night somewhere in Romania (I think) on my way to Afghanistan.

I guess that we should have been grateful.

Honestly, I think that there must have been other delays causing yours, and I imagine that they feel it is a better use of the flight crew's time to stand by than spend extra time in the air.

I hope that you arrived safely and things have gone better for you since.

When I woke up this morning Mom told me we were taking my brother to the E.R.. He had an infected bug bite or something next to his eye on Tuesday. Mom took him to urgent care, but it took two days to get the prescription, and the P.A. did not feel it was necessary to give Mom wound care. Mom has over forty years of experience taking care of kids, so hopefully she remembered everything that she needed to do, but perhaps she forgot something.
When we finally received the medicine, it did not seem to work. My brother's face started swelling around the wound and when he woke up this morning it was far worse than last night and he could barely see out that eye. He seems to have a high threshold for pain, he usually does not seem bothered by things that look painful, but he has not enjoyed this.

I drove them to the hospital, but the staff did not let me come in with them, so I spent an hour in the waiting room listening to makeup infomercials.

Did you know that they finally have miracle make-up for women with orange peel?

I did not know that was a problem that humans have, but they must, because apparently they put makeup on an orange!

My brother finally got a room, they numbed the affected area, and the doctor drained it the best that he could, but it obviously hurt my brother. It looked like he cried.

We gave him some hot compresses and my brother pulled away and groaned. I tried to drain it and without anesthesia he fought me and I gave up when he shuddered in pain.

I was going to try to see clients today and I have plenty of homework due soon. Meanwhile, the infection does not seem to be getting better.

Waiting is frustrating, especially when you cannot do anything about it.