View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Perhaps he thrives on attention from willful ignorance. If you recall, I created this thread to discuss an Engineering Explained video. Did we criticize him? No. Are we still discussing him? No.
Welcome to the internet! We're glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The workaround is bring a portable 12v jump pack that you can get for as little as $20. They double as USB phone chargers and flashlights. You can jump the car just like any other too.
I bought one of these a couple years ago; I've used it to jump several other cars, but never my own.

Back on topic, I was waiting to cross at a stoplight earlier today where a new Cherokee (with dealer plates) was waiting. When the light changed, I heard his engine fire up. I didn't know Jeep was using stop-start systems now.

One of the articles I came across the other day while researching these systems had an interesting statistic: 25% of the NEDC city test is spent idling (vehicle stopped), compared to 11% of the EPA city test. So, a stop-start system will have an outsized effect on a European rating, but still a significant impact on an EPA rating. I wonder how that compares to a typical driver and trip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-16-2018)