View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Aerohead,

Thanks, 15% would take me from 24 MPGish to 28 MPGish so with my anticipated re-gearing gains that should put me over my initial goal of 30MPG.

Freebeard,

Yes, the bottom half definitely needs some improvement. I was a bit concerned that if I did the underbelly or some of these other projects before I did the upper part that I wouldn’t be able to discern a major improvement.

I have plans for a full belly pan, except not under the exhaust, from nose to toes also doubling as skid plates for my light offroading. Also I plan on replacing the front and rear bumpers, and adding a flat bottomed side step/rock slider combination down the sides. Also in the aero plans are fender deletes, wiper relocate/lowering, rearview mirror replacement, grill ducting/modification, fore/aft tire spats, smooth wheel covers.

Attached is a picture of the rough plans, ignore the sharp edges and the very conceptual nature of this drawing. I already have been collecting parts for many of these modifications. I have some ¼” aluminum for the belly pans and bumpers, I am looking for some other aluminum pieces, such as tube, to be able to fabricate all this. With a flat/flush bottom, I am not sure if I would even need the air dam anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Belly Pan and Bumpers.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24839  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-22-2018), freebeard (09-19-2018)