View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

aardvarcus

Thanks a fairly helpful post. Will search for pickup trucks and Van on here.

I live in AZ and 90% of the weather is dry, I am somewhat aware of hydroplaning with wider tires, and these are only a couple of inches wider than stock, and from what I have read tires that give any real improvement in MPG are much thinner and harder which translates to much less much less stopping power and much easier skidding.

I normally try to avoid rain.

I feel the newer autos with their lock up torque convertors and add in in that torque convertor which really does allow an engine to rev up into more power, that and the 8 gears out weigh to slight improvement from a stick, and I have seen clutches wear out in 70,000, and it is a lot easier to lug a engine with a stick.

I have looked and looked though a ton of other sites, they ALWAYS go for the power and thus move the power curve up. Hot Rodders simply do not build my kind of engines.

You said "I am running a few engines in manners contrary to popular opinion with great success, but it requires legwork to connect the dots and sifting through lots of non-relevant information."

Could you tell me about them??

Thanks for your help.

Rich