View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 AM   #279 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Well, I had a new spare tire that was put in the trunk, and it was too big, so the trunk wouldn't open anymore. So, first I destroyed the glove box, and removed some stuff, but that didn't help, so I tried to pry open the hood, denting it some, and finally, I just took the grinder thing and cut open a smallish rectangle around the handle that you push to open the trunk. It was not a good day.

Then, the brakes still need to be fixed. I need 1 new cable e-brake cable. Also, I need to put in a new pin that fell off that was making weird sounds rattling around inside the brake drum.

I also took off the motor, "fixed it" so it wouldn't grind anymore, and re-attached it. I don't know if it's as centered as it was before. It seems a hair louder now. Ideally, I think I would have to remove the transmission and motor together, re-center it like before, and put the whole thing in as one piece. That would be really heavy. Also, I'd have to take out the battery box to be able to remove the transmission. haha! Plus, school starts on Wednesday. I hate teaching. If it was legal to whup the tar out of the bad students, then teaching would be fun.