View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
No, I am horribly easily distracted, and have atrocious time management. I logged in to do an assignment which I just missed and saw the 1.833/5.0, so I tried to figure out why. I tried to focus on the assignment, but felt fare more likely to receive feedback here than from my professor, although I really needed to take the chance.

Imagine how great it would have been had I seen the low score, figured I would deal with it later, and knocked out this assignment?

It is weird that I already took similar classes at another school and have worked in the field for three or four years, but 90% of this stuff is unfamiliar. I am not declaring that I have not seen it before, I just have not seen it since I graduated, but this specific assignment has to do with speech evaluations, which I am not qualified to administer, and my supervisors never invited me to observe. My previous supervisor told me February twentieth that when I was hired she decided to not train me. However, she wanted me to do more of her work, so she spent five minutes telling me so little about performing screenings that I made an excuse to return to my desk.

I contacted another SLP who sent me information that was perfectly clear.

That supervisor claimed that I was hostile to feedback, but I had difficulty remembering her ever giving me any. Who cares if she felt I was hostile? It was her job. If it was a problem she needed to have our boss talk to me about it, but that never happened.

I do not have any idea what scores this professor gave everyone else, but I do not think that he gives any actual feedback unless people ask him. He is rated 3/5 on RateMyProfessor. There are always critics. The iPhone X is only rated 4/5 on Amazon, but several students complained that he did not explain anything.

I do not understand how people balance school, work, and family. When I took these classes through ASU I just put up with roommates, attended drill, did mandatory on-line Army classes, and studied, but Dad was alive, and Mom's health was better. I had one roommate that liked to loudly watch movies late at night, but for the most part my roommates were quiet. I kept reading the directions for the assignment that I missed and hearing the television in the next room, through a closed door, and over the sound of white noise on my headphones.

I need to find my noise-cancelling headphones. I have not needed to use those since I saw my supervisor every day. It was amazing how much of her work day she spent happily chatting.