View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The top iPhone is $1,400.

How many of us have bought cars for less than that?

Yesterday I was rushing from one client to another and turned on my phone just to make sure that they did not cancel and to check the GPS to make sure that I drove straight there. I had only seen one client since leaving home. As far as I know, my phone was fully charged when I left. I drove for twelve minutes and then turned off the phone during that session. How much battery could my phone have used while idle for 720 seconds?

When I turned my phone on it rang and died. I turned it back on, saw that it said 0%, and it died again.

Those clients were a no-show. I should try to make up that session. If I make up dozens of sessions I can buy a brand-new iPhone!

Several dozen sessions?

Last night I noticed that my phone did not charge above 79%, so I turned it off, and it later claimed 100%. This morning I went out to my car to call some clients and this guy was barking at me from the front lawn:

I took the picture, got in my car, and tried posting it to Facebook to see if anyone recognized the dog.

My phone died.

So, that is a bad sign.

The $16 Amazon battery arrived today, as well as the $16 daughterboard, and replacement adhesive.

Also my replacement Galaxy S6. I plugged it in and tried to set it up on the wifi, but it died. Hopefully it will be good for a few years. I spent $160 on it!

I also hope that I can fix up my old one.

What would I do with two working phones?!

I still have my old Samsung with a slide-out keyboard. I forget why I replaced it and I felt frustrated that there were not any then-new phones with keyboards. A crazy girl that I periodically mention said "I don't need a keyboard! I have Swype!"

Swype is awesome, but she was terrible at it. I asked to see her phone and correctly wrote a sentence with Swype.

That was my first time trying.

I have a bluetooth keyboard somewhere, but it is not the same.

I forgot what I was doing, but the other day I changed to the virtual keyboard that was basically just the arrow keys.

My Stratosphere II had arrow keys!

My previous phone was a fake Blackberry by ZTE, but I set an alarm for something important, it didn't go off, and I bought the Samsung. Apparently ZTE came out with a phone two years ago with dual screens. I guess that you could put a virtual screen on one and actually see stuff on the other, but why?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	43193376_10218026103228229_2481231065352503296_o.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	24992  

Last edited by Xist; 10-04-2018 at 10:22 PM..