View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #3122 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I wasn't talking about artic ice. I was specifically talking about ant-artic ice.

We have told you multiple times the ipcc announcement about overestimating the effects of CO2 is easy to search for on bing.
I have linked it multiple times but you chose to ignore it.
So just continue to pretend like it never happened.

If the artic ice volume is down 80% then why is my old house at Langley (in Virginia) not under water?
I like how all this ice melts and there is almost no measurable change in sea level.
I thought the big worry was the ice was going to melt and displace something like 70% of the entire world's population?
And that's not going to happen now so what's the panic?
Another question, if the earth is warming so much why is it only effecting one side of the planet?

What if this is what the artic has always done?
The Antarctic ice has dropped from a record HIGH in 2014 to a record low just 4 years later. This is HUGE! To have that kind of turnaround is staggering!

You are misunderstanding what "the effects" of carbon dioxide are. If anything, the IPCC has underestimated the rate of global warming, and over time, they have been increasing the estimate - because of the date we are getting.

Arctic ice melting doesn't change sea level. That you have made this mistake speaks volumes about your opinion - it is not based on facts. Arctic ice melting is having many other effects, but not sea level change.

Greenland ice and Antarctic ice are the big daddies of sea level rise; with glaciers also contributing.

Sea level rise is already affecting millions of people. And it will be accelerating - because land ice is melting faster and faster.

Like in Antarctica.

Both poles are getting warmer much faster than elsewhere on the globe. Your comment reveals yet more ignorance - the Antarctic is colder than the Arctic, and this has two effects: it keeps snowing there because it has not gotten above freezing as much as the Arctic, and the summer melt was not able to "keep up".

But since 2014 - Antarctic ice is now shrinking. And it is shrinking MUCH faster than we thought possible.

So, it is YOU who need to listen and learn, and accept facts.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-06-2018)