View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #3124 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
And people can be voted off the island.

I have observed that stupid, crazy and poor people tend to breed the most. With the stupid/poor combination being most prolific.
It's not feasible to vote people off the island really, considering they would be citizens and have nowhere else to go. I guess the first immigrants could be deported. Ideally the family unit would be strengthened in this nation, so that people with behavioral/addiction/mental/physical issues have people and communities who care to help them.

My craziest idea would be compulsory IUDs for girls of reproductive age. They could remove it at any time, but the default is to have birth control. If this is too extreme, at least it would be provided for free. The $100 cost (just a WAG) is nothing compared to the consequences of children in unstable families or single parent situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Who here would like to get 38.000 dollars for year ???

San Francisco spent this for each homeless... And they are still homelesss, and many junked on street using drugs, sh...ting on street or in their own pants...
Did you visit SF? It sure is a bleep-hole city. My last visit I stepped over a man sleeping perpendicular on the sidewalk, with his trousers down to his knees, with everything hanging out. There are trashnatos (trash swirling around in wind vortexes caused by the buildings) and feces everywhere. This is mere blocks from City Hall. I'm sure Portland is headed towards a similar future.

Enabling is not helping, and it is not kind (though I do not question the good intentions of those who tend towards enabling).

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!