View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #3145 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
Epstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
So, you object to Epstein because he makes you feel bad. You've name-called, but provided not a single objection to a claim he has made.

FDR was among the worst presidencies for the US, and most economists would agree.

Why is being objective a bad thing? The only alternative is subjectivity, which is pointless.

I haven't read anything by Ayn, but someday when I have way more time than I know what to do with, I'll check it out. Did Alex talk a lot about her?

I expect reasonable responses to reasonable discussion, not reactionary diatribe.

Every single action carries with it opportunity cost and unintended consequences. To view anything as entirely good, or entirely bad is shortsighted.
I've given you the only response a reasonable person can.
Zen Buddhism can help with expectation.That's a dead end.
Nothing I can say will mean anything until you've read Rand's work.
And Epstein is 100% into Rand's Objectivism.
Objectivism is not objective.It's not rational.It's a cultish,confirmationally-biased lens through which everything is filtered.
That's why Mann and Musk won't waste any of their time on Alex.It would be like talking to a wall.Futile.
And don't sell FDR short.He may be the reason you're speaking English instead of German.
Same for those economists.
If you want,do the reading and we can talk then.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (10-08-2018)