View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #3147 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Epstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Yeah, but what does Musk and Mann have to do with Epstein, or anything he has said? I follow 0 people on Twitter, so who's following who, or even how it all works is lost on me (and anyone else similarly disinterested in artificially short, 1-way echo chambers). I don't even see the point of blocking someone from reading what you post, since it's open to everyone else and easily copied, and anonymous accounts are easy to create. Seems childish,as much of Musk's reactions tend to be (I see a lot in common with Trump here).

What does FDR have to do with the moral case for oil? Was he against oil consumption for moral reasons?

There's plenty wrong with liberty without rules that protect the interest of the commons, so I suspect objectivism is an incomplete thought, just like any extreme thought.
In the video it is Epstein who says that he was blocked.
I've never done social media so I'm not qualified to appraise the significance of the gesture.
I am prejudiced against Epstein,so I'd discriminate against him as well.
I'm not willing to tell a story about Mann and Musk's gesture.It's their web account,they can do whatever they want.
Epstein attacked big government.And yet he's a direct beneficiary of it.
Objectivism is an incomplete philosophy.And the price of admission is a surrender of critical thinking,if it was present at the onset.
Epstein crafts his words to move the viewer from the rational to the emotional.
He employs Medieval rhetorical disputation to 'win' his argument.And it's about winning,not seeking truth.
His comments are subjective.He never uses facts.Oh,but he's quick to tell you what an 'intellectual' he is.
He stoops to Ad Hominem attack,trying to destroy the messenger,rather than apply a rigorous examination of the message.
It's my opinion that he's all form,and no substance.