View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #3151 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Global cooling!

I needed to prepare for a test yesterday, but felt that I should mow the lawns before it got too high for the electric mower. I awoke at 0230 and could not get back to sleep for hours. I kept hearing strong winds and I do not know what else. This is what happened to the lawn that I mowed yesterday:

It was 68°F yesterday.

I remember an old sci fi story where there was a giant blob of meat that could be sliced off as necessary. The caretaker called it Chicken Little or something and showed the main character that it could do a trick. He blew a whistle, Chicken Little raised up, revealing a hole in the floor, and the other man led the protagonist into a secret room where they planned and plotted a rebellion.

As I recall, the man had given out pamphlets to a select few saying "A man's life is in your hands!" and the second guy, who was in advertising, decided to promote the power and prestige you could obtain in their secret group.

I also remember a story where people rented stairs in staircases and slept on them at night. An entire extended family slept in a tiny apartment. The baby's crib was over the sink. They only flushed once a day. The part that I want to share is they had two pipes running into the house, saltwater and fresh. They used the saltwater as much as possible and then rinsed with fresh.

How much can be done with saltwater?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3B6fZMR.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	25002  

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
niky (10-09-2018)