View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Farraider
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I passed a similar ambulance on the highway yesterday, dang those things are wide.

I can see the attraction of starting with a wider box than a Sprinter type van.

One thing a bit unclear to me, is the former ambulance already outfitted as a camper?

I can see why you would want to hang on to it if already made into a camper.
Hi Guys,
Yes it's already a camper and we drive it down and around Mexico in the winter to escape the snow/cold and go rock climbing, eat cheap tacos and soak up some sun. Probably 10-15K mi/yr.

Regarding Sprinters, they're too common and have no character IMO - I like this vehicle and I did all the work myself.

I just seem to be making the aero worse. Today I installed a hitch on it so I can also carry my dual sport bike down this year too. There's an extra 400lbs to carry. Ugghhhh. Maybe that will encourage me to take the "5mph slower" advice.

Euromodder, your suggestion about rounding the corners more with half pipe. Half a 6 or 8 inch pvc pipe just mounted down the corners? With middle of the curve directly over the corner? I wonder how much that would help? It probably pales in comparison to fixing that huge flat front and rear drag.

Thoughts?