View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #3241 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
positive/negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Nice post niky. My other question is whether global warming, at least at its current form, might have more positive than negative consequences for humans. It's a topic almost not discussed at all.

1 site I mentioned above said we would observe net positive effects until 2080. Nobody commented on it.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/10/carry-on-warming/

If we reap positive benefits until 2080, and then gradually begin to experience negative consequences, the rational thing to do would be to leverage science/technology to keep conditions somewhere around 2080 levels to maximize human well being. I expect we'll have much better technology in the next 60 years.
I have seen discussions in either SCIENCE,or NATURE,by climatologists.They've said that,while climate effects are not uniform,and some regions will be 'winners',that statistically,there will be more 'losers.'
The non-linear climate amplifications are believed to continue,and accelerate,since carbon emissions continue to grow and what's in the atmosphere already will be there a thousand years.Things are expected to just keep ratcheting up.
As the wettest September in DFW history wasn't enough,now we've broken the all-time record for Autumnal rainfall.We're over 41-inches for the year.Last year was an all-time record for North Texas rainfall.
Llano and Marble Falls' lakes,Texas are out of bank today,with loss of life.Everson,Texas is already a State disaster area with continued flooding.I-35,near Crosby Road,Dallas,'buckled' last night under stress from heavy rains causing car wrecks.It's unprecendented!
Tampa,Florida set a heat record yesterday at 93-F.
These 'black-swans' just keep coming.
6,000 scientific papers say we better get our ---- together by 2030,or it's really gonna hit the fan.